THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why? Not Altamonte Springs, Florida


February 20th & 21st, 2009

I LOVE the Why Not Lounge in Altamonte Springs, Florida. It’s an Orlando institution, been around for at least 20 years. Some of the regulars have been coming to the Why Not Lounge since their early 20’s…and still go there to party in their 40’s and beyond.
The regulars are very friendly, like family, looking out for each other. It’s a meat market…with benefits. And it’s the best place to watch people. I get more material from 10pm – 2am in this place in one night, than a month in Wal-Mart during Christmas season. I LOVE the Why Not Lounge!

Friday night show – I was on! One of my best shows ever. Saturday night show - I was seasick having to look back and forth between the right and left sides of the audience. A table of 20, seated right in the middle didn’t show, splitting the audience in two. It was still a great show, even though the audience was kind of tight with their laughs.

This weekend, I worked with seasoned headliner Mike Rivera (Everybody say Oooo!) who is high energy funny. Mike’s comedy career began when he entered an America’s Funniest Teacher Competition and won it. I work with Mike again in March and I'm looking forward to it!

Altamonte is all about the people…so here we go…

Mike Rivera, NO WAY! Great working with you again!

Katie Hughes, keep up the great work, and what a trouper stepping in as the emcee on Friday.

Mike Lemont, great job as emcee on Saturday. Thanks for letting me hang with your friends Friday night!
Uncle Ray, I love the Sanford and Son theme.
Richy Lala, great guest set. Is there a support group for Jewish comedians that beat box?

Why Not Lounge Staff ...thanks! You’re the best…and you know it.

Jodie, Happy Birthday, and glad to know you still wear my shirt when you spank people.
Tonya, you still rock and I still have you picture up on my myspace.
John the DJ, You get the “Best Musical Cues EVER” award.
Jerod and other Bouncer that does Thai martial arts, thanks again for helping me lug my shit all over the place.


Why? Not Patrons
Tammy and Martha – you rock! Thanks for letting me hang with you Friday night. And Martha, thanks for the pics! (pic above: Martha is wearing red, Tammy is the blond. Please send me the name of the mystery woman.)
Stu from Boca, good to see you again, glad you’re well and still loving comedy, but not enough to catch MY show.
Scott – nice to meet you and talk about flight simulators. I like your sense of humor, and hope you got back to NSB ok.
Darlene of The Millionaires, what a great show woman! You’re like my cousin, Paula. Love ya!
Rob B, the guitarist , you’re the first person ever to give me their email address on a napkin. Is your number 867-5309?

Kevin, I enjoyed talking with you. You’re a good soul, keep doing the right thing!

Marisa, you’re a sweet girl, and a lot of fun. Please try not to leave future parties being “carried away.”
Joe aka Jewish Fred Flintston, you’re a fun guy…in a mushroom kind of way.
Lorie, Brian, Zoraya, and Craig, nice meeting you, and thanks for the shot!
Lynn with the big boobs, you and I are headed to Vickie’s Secrets when I’m back in town.
Jeff and Donita, THANK YOU for coming out! Jeff and I used to ride the bus to school together. And it wasn’t the short yellow bus either.
Michelle J. – That which does not kill me…best wishes with your December discovery. Happy thoughts to you!
To EVERYONE who bought shirts – send me a picture of you wearing my shirt, and I’ll put it on my myspace! Send pics to tkpopfanclub@yahoo.com.
To EVERYONE who wants a monthly laugh – send me your email address and I’ll add you to my e-newsletter list, email address above.
And last but not least…
To Michael the engineer – sorry to cut our conversation short, but you were creeping me out.

I think that’s everybody…love ya, and thanks for a great weekend!

Traci

0 comments: