THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lake Osprey Village Cabaret, Lakewood Ranch, FL

January 23rd, 2009
Lake Osprey Village Cabaret, in Lakewood Ranch, has got to be one of my favorite places to perform. The inside is intimate, cozy and snuggy-poo. I just like it. The show was sold out, and unfortunately some people were turned away. The LOV Cabaret management was a little nervous about the reservation situation. But I figured everything was going to be ok, when I heard manager Jack David panicking “We’ve run out of chairs!” Thankfully, The Lucky Pelican restaurant up the block had some chairs they could lend us.

Jack David, kicked off the show, and my dear friend Rock N Roll John told his famous stories. Just as he was about to close his set…one of the chairs broke underneath my good friend Danny. And then it broke again. Rock N Roll John pointed out that Danny, being the man he is, did not spill one drop of his drink. That’s a trooper! Then it was my turn…and I had a great show. Not easy to do when the audience is full of your friends! Other shows, that audience will most likely never see me again. But when the audience is my friends, the pressure is on. Because if I screw up…guess who is there to remind me about it every week, for the rest of my life? My friends.

Thanks to LOV Cabaret owner Norman Ferber and Manager Jack David. Without them, the show wouldn’t have been possible. And please check out the other events they have coming up:
http://store6.geomerx.com/lakeospreyvillage/index.cfm?fuseaction=storepage&customPageID=26


Also – thanks to my dear peeps who came out and brought their friends and family:


Patty (Vinnie’s surrogate mom) and Danny, next time, look concerned when something happens to Danny

North River Veterinary – thanks for helping me with my assisted living facility for retired pets

Rotarian Goddess Terry Wells, next time bring Craig!

Snowbird Rotarian Jon Mathes

New Paul Harris Fellows Loreen Vickers & Ritchie Taylor

Rita from SCRABBLE – thanks for coming out again, and hopefully nothing traumatic happened one week after this show

Suncoast Gem Labs, Donna & Tom Seguin (who “loaned” me my first tiara)

Reverse Mortgage Gary and Quick Books Queen Susan Humphries, two of the first people I met when I moved to Manatee County

Yvette and Will Little, a simply green couple and their friend Christine

Wendy & Melissa - love the jewelry classes

Sue & Vicky my work out buddies at Revolutionary Fitness

Barbara Rose, my newest cultured friend from Sarasota

The nice couple who ended up sitting at the low table in the back behind the high tops – sorry about that!

To the elderly table of 4 that sat up front and was unable to break a smile during the entire show – I referred you to a travel agency, because you looked like those Easter Island statues.



0 comments: