THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Nude Year's Resolutions

Ok - my new year's resolution is to blog more often about my shows. And what better show to start with - then my first show of the year at Caliente Resort...a nudist resort north of Tampa. Unfortunately - there will be no pictures of this show to post - as cameras are not allowed at the resort (at least that's what the signs said).
Before I get to the nitty titty...I meant gritty...let me mention a few things I had to think about before the show.
I posted a few "updates" on facebook and myspace: Traci is performing at a nudist resort. I guess I can't pretend that everyone is naked. I got a few comments - mostly about the material I would glean from this experience, and how the people that go to nudist resorts are the ones you don't want to see naked anyway. My friend "Y" told me her parents attended a nudist colony, and that they commented one of their friends had dressed up for the evening. She wore earrings. I was told by the booker, Larry, that I was not to do jokes about "swingers." I had no idea nudists did not like monkeys or Tarzan. Fortunately, I don't have any monkey or Tarzan jokes - so that was easy. Peter Hefty, a seasoned comedy veteran and my co-headliner this evening seemed familiar with Mexican nudist resorts (I did not ask for details, and none were offered), and he knew that nudists prefer to be called naturalists. And last but not least - I worked with headliner, Joanne Pinnizotto, who years ago performed at a nudist resort and made the comment "do you know what jiggles when you laugh?"

Now, I get to the gig. The guard at Caliente's entrance was wearing clothes, an unsexy polo with unsexy dress pants. Hmm. We pull up to the entrance, and the young gentlemen working at the club house all wore the same unsexy attire. Hmm. The Clubhouse is exquisite and well done - this can not be a cheap place to live. But I'm thinking these people can afford it, because they sure aren't spending money on clothes! Or are they?
We unload and walk into the club, and everyone has clothing on. A woman walked by wearing a shear scarf with fringe. Her date wore a shirt and sport coat. No pants. But he appeared to sport a deliciously prepared banana hammock. And while I set up my gear - the audience arrived in various states of dress. Some with no shirts, some with no pants. One woman was wearing a "fish net" type covering which left little to the imagination.
There were beach towels draped over the bar stools, although many folks BYOT'd it (brought their own towel).
The stage was up high and in front of a dance floor - the folks were seated far enough away and in the dark that I couldn't be distracted by the stuff that jiggles when you laugh. And a good thing too - because they were ready to laugh! I had a blast! The folks at Caliente were all beautiful, smart, and most important - very comfortable in their own skin. Seeing Peter Hefty perform for the first time in several years was a treat too, and his show was the perfect icing on the cake. Thanks again Larry, Peter, and Caliente! Hope to see you again real soon. Traci

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny

Anonymous said...

Traci,

So, are naked people good tippers?

Jesse