THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 28, 2007

This Month in Comedy


I'm still experiencing euphoria from the 7 shows I hosted last week at McCurdy's Comedy Theater. I got to work with headliner and Boston Comedy Festival organizer Jim McCue. His improvisational style with the audience is really unique in that he's very friendly. He has a lot of fun with the audience without being insulting. As luck would have it - he was auditioning comics for a spot in the Boston Comedy Festival as well, so I was also hosting 7 shows with 2-3 guest comics per show. Hosting a show with 3 guest spots and a headliner, as well as trying to squeeze in your own material is a lot of work. But it was great reconnecting with comics I hadn't seen in awhile, got to meet some comics I'd heard about but haven't worked with yet, and learned a lot from Jim about how to move up the comedy food chain.

For those of you who were able to make the show...THANK YOU so much! It means a lot to me to see you there. For those of you who couldn't make it...here's what you missed:



Weight Watchers Tribute






"Jenny Got a Set"






Lisa Nowak, Don Imus & Paris Hilton

(contains a very bad word - you've been warned!)






"LARGO"







Thank you for watching...and I hope to see you at a show in the near future!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.